Once you have identified the basics of what is needed to make your date night great cheap priligy uk, you’re ready to get planning. Here are a few ideas that we’ve enjoyed. I’d love to hear about your awesome at home date nights in the comments.
1) Dinner Chez Vous
Usually we try to all eat dinner together as a family. But one night a week we feed the kids first, and then we have a special dinner once they are in bed. Often I can even get the kids down a bit earlier than usual, by going straight from dinner to bath and making the bath extra special.
While one of us is getting the kids down, the other one is getting ready.
To set the mood, evidence of kids and work is put out of sight, the table is set, and something slow and jazzy is on the turn table (David Miles plays for lovers is a favourite). A beverage is poured so that it can be handed with a kiss to the heroic parent who managed to get the kids down as soon as he/she arrives.
For the food, we like something quick to prepare, but still special (i.e., not the leftovers from whatever we fed the kids).
Some of the meals we’ve enjoyed:
- A charcuterie board with nice wine
- Take out sushi – buy a little bottle of sake to go with it and just warm it up in hot water (like you would a baby bottle). Also – remove the sushi from the take-out containers and put on plates for serving – the presentation is worth it.
- Duck confit – this is great because the legs can be prepared ahead of time and frozen (or you can just buy ones already prepared). Then while the kids are sleeping, just put them in the oven with some roast potatoes, steam some veggies, add some cranberry sauce and presto – a delicious meal
- Mussels and baguette – quick and easy to make and fun to eat
A fruit and cheese tray, chocolate fondue, or a slice of cake with two forks, all make for romantic desserts.
2) Retro Video Game night
Do you have a friend that has an old Nintendo or Atari system? Or can you rent one? Get a few of your favourite games and prepare for some serious thumb action.
We enjoyed doing this like when we were kids. This means pjs on, a bowl of penny candy between us, and sitting on the floor. Take it a step further, and put on the persona of your eight year old self, inserting words like narly, far out and cowabunga as appropriate.
3) Tripping on Miracle Berries
Maybe in your younger days you experimented a bit… Maybe you still do, or maybe you just wish you could… Enter the Miracle berry – a little tablet you dissolve on your tongue that makes food taste amazing. Specifically, they make sour and bitter foods taste sweet.
So order yourself a packet where can i buy priligy in usa, choose your favourite psychedelic music, and get to work on your tasting tray. We enjoyed lemons, limes, oranges, pineapple, blue berries, salt and vinegar chips, dark chocolate, pickles, tomatoes and cheese. Not the most appetizing blend of flavours, but fun to experiment with.
Did I mention, these are legal and you will be tasting as normal 30 minutes later? Just go easy on the acidity. Even if that lime tastes like it was plucked from the Garden of Eden, it’s still going to burn your mouth if you eat too much.
4) Beer tasting night
Traditionally, this is done with wine, but unless you are able to buy those cute little 300ml bottles of wine in a decent variety, it gets expensive pretty quickly. Enter the beer tasting night!
- Select your beers – you could go for craft beers, or beers from a certain region of the world, or beers with the wonkiest picture on the can. Just make sure there is some variety in the type of taste. Six beers were a good number for us to have a variety of tastes, although we didn’t finish all of them.
- Select your food – sausages, soft pretzels, beer nuts and cheese accompanied with mustards, and pickles, are no fuss and pair well with the beer.
- Get your tasting instructions and cards ready – reliable medications buy priligy usa
- Put the beer in your fridge
- Prep food
- Chill your beers
- Put on your desired music (You could even use this ready to gobuy priligy online usa)
- Put water on the table to cleanse your pallet between beers
For the date:
- Put on your choice of music
- Serve your beers from lightest to darkest, only opening each one just before you are ready to drink. Some beers are best served after having sat outside the fridge for a bit – helpful info on this is buy priligy priligy uk
- Use your beer tasting cards, to converse about the beers, and record your notes on your favourites
- Potential after date follow-up: If you’ve discovered a local beer you love, make a plan to visit the brewery on one of your out of home date nights.
5) Spa Nights
Get the romance flowing with a facial, followed by a bath for two with champagne and wine, and finally, a massage complete with oils and candles. Or, depending on your time and inclination, you can treat each one as an individual date.
For the facial:
Here is a simple version you can do on your own:
Get towels and a face cloth ready for each of you and set out everything you will need for the facial – cleanser, scrub, mask, and moisturizer. A glass of cucumber or lemon infused water and a fruit tray to nibble on helps to set the mood along with some relaxing music. Get your pots of water ready to boil on the stove.
For the date:
Follow these steps for a facial that will take about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Cleanse: Remove any make-up or just impurities from the day.
- Exfoliate: Apply a gentle exfoliating scrub. You can buy one, or make your own from oatmeal, honey and olive oil (use two parts oatmeal to one part honey and one part olive oil). Up the affection quotient by applying each other scrub.
- Steam: Once your pots of water are boiling carefully move them to the table, placing them on hot mats. Add a few drops of essential oils – lavender is nice. Each sit with your face over one pot, draping a towel over your head and around the bowl to keep the steam in. Do this for ten minutes, breathing in the steam and relaxing to the music.
- Apply a mask: Typically you will keep a mask on for 10 – 20 minutes. Put it on and then move to a comfortable spot to relax, while you wait, remembering to put a towel down where your head will goto avoid transferring bits of your mask to the furniture. Follow the instructions on the mask for how long to leave it. Rinse off completely.
- Apply your moisturizer: Again – you can do this for each other, and marvel and compliment the smoothness of partner’s skin.
More tips on how to do an at home, spa-like facial, can be buy priligy priligy online uk.
For the bath for two:
- Fill the tub – the water should not be hotter than 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Add some bubbles or essential oils.
- Put a bowl of fruit (strawberries are nice) and two glasses of bubbly within reach.
- Get your towels and bath robes ready for afterwards.
- Put on some relaxing music and light a few candles.
For the date:
- Either sit facing each other (great for giving each other a foot rub), or stomach to back
- Relax, enjoying the warm water, champagne and fruit.
- Finish with a shower for two, giving each other a head to toe body scrub.
For the massage:
- Watch a youtube video about some basic massage techniques and flow of the massage.
- Line where ever you are going to be giving the massage with towels to avoid transferring oils
- Put on some soft music and light some candles
- Get your massage oils ready
For the date:
- Take turns, giving and receiving the massage
- Remember to comment on how much you enjoy connecting with your partner’s body, as you massage, and when it’s your turn to receive the massage, mention how nice it feels.
6) Board Game Night
Since having kids, we spend a lot of evenings playing board games together. A few snacks and drinks, paired with some games that work well for two players make a great evening. Our favourites have been:
- Monopoly Deal or No Deal – a card game that can be played in 15 minutes, based on the traditional Monopoly Game.
- Rivals of Catan – a two player strategy game, based on settlers of Catan
- 7 Wonders Duel – another two player strategy game, a little more complicated to learn, but once you have it down, makes for great fun
- Bounce Off – for when you want something light, silly and fun
7) Learn a New Skill
Thanks to youtube, you no longer need to head out to your local community centre for a six week course to learn a new skill. There are online tutorials for a wide range of activities – drawing, knitting, dancing, even buy priligy priligy online. Why not look a few up and learn a new skill together?
8) TV Night:
Ok – so I know I said slumping together in front of the TV wasn’t going to cut it, but there are nights, when the week has been crazy, or one of you is a bit under the weather, and all you really want to do is veg out in front of the TV. Bring a bit more magic to these times, by snuggling together under a blanket, share a bowl of popcorn, or enjoy a special drink. You might even be able to come up with a special ritual for a favourite show, if you care more about having a few laughs together than looking ridiculous. My hubby is a lover of sci-fi, so we watched the entire Fringe series. During the theme song of each episode we performed a ridiculous made up dance together. While I don’t care much for sci-fi myself, I hung in for all the episodes mainly because I didn’t want to miss the dance. For Westworld (which I honestly did enjoy), we created ridiculous outfits from the junk in our house, that we wore while watching it. Yes – it’s silly, and I would never want anyone else to see me in it, but it was something unique and special we shared that resulted in some laughs and treasured memories.
Hopefully these ideas have sparked your imagination. I’d love to hear about some of your awesome at home date nights.